Some of the changes include:
- vBulletin: Only rewrite quotes where a post ID is specified in the quote BB code.
- vBulletin: Re-implement the blogModerators step and disable the blogUsers step.
- vBulletin: Prevent errors when importing smilies if there are no smilies to import..
- vBulletin: Process buddy/ignore lists correctly.
- vBulletin: Double-encoded strings (usernames, titles etc.) are now not double-encoded
- General: Importers are now expected to decide for themselves whether each field should have HTML entities decoded or not. You can either do this using EntityEmulator->set($fieldName, $value, [EntityEmulator::UNHTML_ENTITIES => true]) or if the value is not going to automatically pass to convertToUtf8(), you can use convertToUtf8($value, null, true) by calling it directly.
- General: Fix some mis-titled templates and phrases in the initial release.
XenForo has the ability to import information from other forums, including users, forums, threads, posts and private messages, along with various other data.
This can be extremely useful if you are migrating your forum from another software package, or if your forum needs to merge with, or absorb another forum site.
At the time of writing, XenForo 2 supports importing data from the following sources:
- XenForo 2.x
- vBulletin 3.6 to 5.3
- IPS 4.x
- phpBB 3.2
- SMF 2.0
- MyBB 1.8